Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday To Our Prince

Nine years ago today this picture was taken of our first prince. He was born just a few hours before it was taken. He had a rough entrance into this world but in this picture it's easy to tell that he was blessed with a peaceful, laid back, sweet disposition. That is not to mean that he is not all boy, for he is all that and more, but he is slow to anger and quick to share what he can. He adores his older sister, even though she doesn't suffer him well, and he loves his younger brother and can't stay mad at him even when he pesters the fool out of him. All of those nice things being said, he's not one to be pushed too far because he will defend himself and as Mr T. used to say, "I pity the fool!" He is athletic and can play any sport with all of the coordination necessary to be good at what game he's playing. He is a homebody ... he doesn't like to be gone from home too long and he doesn't like any family member to be gone too long either. When we went on our two week vacation last summer, we weren't even down the road 30 minutes before he asked me when we were going to get back home!! He has a beautiful singing voice and is quite talented at playing the piano and violin even though he detests having to practice. He is a natural performer and will volunteer to sing or give a talk in front of a group at a moments notice. Once in Primary one of the kids that was to give a talk didn't show up, so the Prince volunteered and got up and was able to give a talk on Daniel and the Lions Den, because he had watched the Liken video of it about 20 times the previous week. Here is an odd fact about him, he loves to watch videos with the captioning on. Here is just a fact, the boy loves to eat!
The Queen and I love our first born son and wish him many happy returns on his special day.




13 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

Happy Birthday! very cute...we can't wait to see ya'll.....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli, you're the best. You know you're my favorite. I love your sister and brother, too. Have a wonderful fun filled day today your birthday.

gigi said...

As oldest sister to "Barney's friend Chris" I would say that out of all of his children, #1 P is most like his dad! That's a wonderful post and tribute to the prince. I love looking at how much he has grown over the years! Sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

Prince #1 is a very handsome,fine young man. Once at Rattle Snake Ranch, we were in the middle of the pasture and he jumped on the back of a raging bull and rode him until he was bucked off, landing safely on his feet.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to a fine young man from his devoted father.

He is quite the Bonny Prince Eli and may very well be Prince Charming to some very lucky Cinderella maiden in the distant future.

In some weeding out this past week was going through boxes and found the Ireland Trip memoirs and have a book of Irish Riddles for young people - can't wait to get it to the Prince.

Also in the box were the English Mission memoirs. Wonder how they have been getting along all these years in the same box.

Very grown up and mature young man on the telly.

So sorry we weren't there to share the fun.

Happy, Happy Birthday dear Prince Eli Sanford!!!

Hugs, Love and our Prayers Always and Forever and Ever Amen,

grandmother

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Eli Sanford Crenshaw(I love your name). You're a kidd with many talents. Keep working on them.

I love you,
Papa

The Griffis 4 said...

I love that kid he's so stinkin cute! A little Mini Me Sandi!

Anonymous said...

THANKS GUYS I NEVER HAD A GOOD BIRTHDAY WITHOUT YALL! AND I GOT ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU ALL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE ME

THE PRINCE OF THE DALE

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

Happy Birthday, heir to the throne! I also love to eat and to sing. It's not very often that you find a boy who is willing to get up in front of people and sing!

UtahGma&Gpa said...

Happy birthday to the Monarch of the Dale! How old are you? Jay and I wish you guys still lived in the Midvale house. Were you living there when you had your daughter? Beautiful family!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this one and especially the pictures... oh so sweet. Happy birthday!
love,
shannon

The Cinderella Life said...

Prince #1 is lucky to have a fine and loving father. What a wonderful tribute to your son. I love the name "Eli".

Lori said...

My goodness, when I first opened your blog I thought you had Prince #3. Happy Birthday Eli!