Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie


This is my new favorite chocolate chip cookie.


I found the recipe in the Mrs. Fields Cookie Book a few months ago.
I received the book about 15 years ago as a freebie from a book club I belonged to. Tell you the truth I think I only made one recipe from it in all the time I've had it. The book is full of all of these fancy pantsy cookie recipes and I don't make fancy pantsy cookies, I just eat them. I can't really tell you why this ccc is different than other chocolate chip cookie except it does seem to taste better than the mainstream ccc. It does have a longer baking time and at a lower temperature, and the ingredient make up is a little different than most ccc recipes. Anyway, I'm sharing the recipe ... try it you'll like it.






Blue-Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Combine flour, soda and salt. Mix together and set aside.
In another bowl or mixer blend together butter and sugars. Add eggs then vanilla and mix until light and fluffy(a touch of fancy pantsy).
Add flour mixture and chocolate chips , and blend at low speed until just mixed. Do not over mix. Bake for 22-24 minutes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUUUUUM!!!!
Just woke up and am hungry~! Those look soooo good and sound sooo good.
Don't you think it would be a neat thing to send your parents a care package once in a while? ((o;)
I DO.
AARWYA,Ta', mum

jennifer rogers said...

Those look very good I could probably eat the whole batch right now...I've been going to the gym and depriving myself trying to lose this beautiful baby weight and I haven't had a chocolate chip cookie in sooooo long!!!! Thanks for the recipe...I'm going to wipe off the drool....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Made an error in previous post. Had to delete it. Let's try it again. Okay, Sandy the cookies look delicious. I hope you save me at least one. I also agree with anonymous, you need to send your parents a care package. If you do I'll add some cream cheese pound cake.

gigi said...

Send ya sista one too.
CCC are an all time fav and you can't go wrong making them for your younguns.

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

I have been in a baking frenzy (and also a feeding frenzy after the baking frenzy) lately. You have inspired me to bake these tomorrow! The sister missionaries are coming for dinner, so these will be dessert. I'll let you know how they turn out.

The Griffis 4 said...

im getting fat just looking at those cookies! thanks! now i think i will break into my chips a hoy bag!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Lisa Love,
Are you talking about that cream cheese pound cake I devoured at Christmas?

I'm waiting! ((o;)

mum

echoeve said...

I am just not good at baking cookies. however they look good