
This is Lola Jill. It's her birthday today. She's the youngest of my four older sisters and definitely the shortest. Standing at a mere 4' 11" she's possibly the funniest of my sisters ... let's put it this way, I'm usually at a full side splitting laugh within 5 minutes of talking to her. Something else you should know about her is she has the voice of an angel ... I could listen to her sing anything.
.jpg)

6 comments:
That's so funny, I started to use the same picture of her before I remembered the ones we took at the beach. We think to much alike some times. I wish she read our blogs but doesn't have a computer out side of work, or so she has said. I remembered enough ahead that I sent all 3 of them a birthday card.
I love the Rhoda scarf!
Happy Birthday Jill Pill, it slipped on me, maybe mom remembered but I didn't. Hope you will have a good day and remember who you are.
When Jill was little, maybe 3 or 4 she had a temper. We had a maid at that time and she tried to get Jill
to do something and Jill didn't want to Jill would stomp her foot.
The maid told her she was going to stomp a hole in the floor if she kept doing it.(the floor was wooden
She does in deed have the voice of and angel and a wit to go along with it. She loves to laugh at my wittisms also and I can make her laugh with just a look on my face.
I love you Girl Baby,
Papa
Hey Sandy! This is Dorothy from FL. Your mother showed me your blog and I decided to leave you a comment ;) I love your blog spot! I do not have one of these, but I do have a myspace! If you wanna check it out it's at www.myspace.com/princess__dorothy
Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!!
~Dorothy~
We did talk to LOLA aka Jill Pill, Girl Baby #4, Lola Falana, Lala, Miss Fits, etc., etc., etc.....
And YES! Papa was laughing with her seconds after getting the phone!
She was named Lola for her paternal grandmother Lola Barlow Crenshaw at her father's request - insistence. A saint if there ever was one and I was hoping some of G'mother Lola's, goodness would come with the name.
I wanted to name her Jill - I love that name! It may go back to my early childhood and how I loved nursery rhymes - you know, Jack & Jill. In fact I called Carla Darcy Jill up to the month of her birth when I totally couldn't take Darcy any longer and sooooo she got the name Carla Elaine which suits her to a Tee.
Determined to have a Jill, when Lola came along we compromised and named her Lola Jill and called her Jill - now she uses one or the other names or both.
The only reason I balked at Lola is that in my teens there was a girl named Lola that soured the name for me and broadway and the movies came out with WEST SIDE STORY and I wasn't fond of the song "Whatever LOLA Wants LOLA Gets" but it was meant for our LOLA JILL to have her name - It fits her to a TEE!
Happy Birthday Lola Jill.
oooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxooo
mum
Don't y'all love Dorothy's myspace.com?
She called me on the way home from St. Augustine yesterday and I told her about your and Gigi's blogs. I also asked her if I could send her's to Anna & Amelia.
It is so neat and I think they would enjoy it for the music alone.
And her testimony shines through too.
Dorothy has just 1 more year of college, I'm so proud of her.
When we go up for Amelia's concert Tuesday I'd like to drive over to River Street and see if we can find a shop called "Your Personal Gifts". Dorothy Just went to work for them in St. Augustine. There are shops in Savannah and Hilton Head. I havent been to the one in St. Aug. yet.
I did talk to the owner when she called to check "Lil Bit's" resume references. She sounds really nice and "Lil Bit" sure has taken to her.
ARWYA. ---- Amen,
mum
Post a Comment